Tonight I started working on my next shirt, which I'll call my "Crab Shirt" because of the fabric print I plan to use. The Pattern is a 1965 vintage McCall's 7909 shirt pattern. I've picked View "B" which is a short sleeve pullover. I thought that the V-neck front opening was a long placket, but on closer inspection of the pattern I discovered it's really a turned facing with a stitch line that simulates a placket.
My first step was to sort out the pattern pieces and iron them. My second was to re-draw the pieces on tracing paper. Fortunately I have a glass top dining table. I was able to lay my tracing paper on top of the pattern and shine a light up from the floor.
This made it easier to transfer the cutting, seam, and stitch lines to the tracing paper. I used my own set of french curves and discovered many minor variations in the pattern with the line I expected to see when I laid the curve on the pattern piece.
Once I had all the pieces transferred, it was easy enough to roughly cut out the traced parts and call it a night. Maybe tomorrow I'll start pinning out my traced pieces to the fabric. The tracing is tedious, but it helps me learn the pattern pieces and saves the original pattern.