About six months ago, I bought an invisible zipper foot for my Pfaff. I had visions of sewing invisible zippers in everything, so I also bought a handful of invisible zippers at Sil Thread at 257 W38th in Manhattan. The foot and the zippers were placed in the 'things I want to do' box and never left. It's a new year, and I'm tired of that $20 foot nagging at me so I decided to make a sample tonight.
On the first attempt, I sewed the zipper in beautifully backwards. I couldn't imagine why my WS was on the good side of the zipper. A curved Olfa razor blade is a wonderful thing. Without much angst, I cut the zipper off my sample cloth and tried again. The second attempt was much better, but I realized I hadn't tried to match my fabric print and hadn't taken pictures to refer to when I forget how to insert a zipper. I was a real Olfa Zorro tonight.
My first step was to match up the fabric print as best I could along the seam line which would have the zipper.
I found the next step intellectually challenging. The right side of the zipper is crossed over and place down on the RS of the right side fabric.