Monday, January 7, 2013

Starting Vogue V8750

I've been looking forward to trying a semi-fitted skirt for some time.  I've completed a few simple skirts with elastic band waists, but not a skirt fitted to the waist and semi-fitted to the hips.  I've done blind serged hems and inserted an invisible zipper. Time to pull it together and do a skirt.
  
Vogue's V8750 has a front and back yoke, front and back panels, and side / back fronts to give the skirt flare.
A lady I work with was kind enough to venture with me on this skirt.  Armed with her measurements, I studied the pattern and traced the pattern lines, circles, notches, and grain lines to paper tonight.  When I trace the pattern, it gives me a chance to get familiar with the pieces and mentally break down the project into steps. I plan to cut muslin tomorrow.  G'night!

No comments:

Post a Comment