I've started working on the robe for Sally Bowles of the Chatham Players production of Cabaret. Fran Harrison is the costume designer for the show. She was kind to give me the assignment of finishing the robe she's already cut out the fabric for. Today I pinned the pieces Fran cut to my dress form to get an idea of what it looks like.
There are some departures from the McCalls pattern Fran used for the pattern pieces. Fran designed her own sleeves and lined the robe with a brilliant gradiant red. The pattern instruction do not contemplate a lining. About a year ago, I attempted to make a lined vest. While the vest was a disaster, the technique for making a lining worked well. I don't trust myself with Fran's fabric, so I've made a set of the pieces in dool scale.
I'll put the doll-scale robe together to make sure my technique works. Good night!