Monday, August 8, 2011

Collar is done

The collar stitched together quickly. I wish the pattern instructions called for hemming the edge of the facing before stitching ig into place because the fabric I used frayed like mad at the edges. To control it, I serged the edge of the facing while in place, but it wasn't the neatest edging I've done. The collar edges aren't as crisp as I'd like.

The pattern calls for a top stitch about 1/2" from the edges of the V-neck and around the collar. The first time I tried to do this, my facing balled up inside the shirt when I made the turn at the bottom of the V-neck. It took an hour to pulled out the stitching I'd done. To attempt the stitch again, I first pinned and then basted the facing in place. I should have done this earlier and saved myself the hour of picking out stitches. Here is the collar.

Tonight I also basted the sleeves on the shirt body. My Singer 1030 has a great basting stitch and a good strong presser foot. In fact, the foot is strong strong that half of my pins were bent. No big loss, they were old anyway.

No comments:

Post a Comment