Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Started my Hawaiian Shirt Series

A couple of months ago, I acquired this vintage Polynesian Pattern Number 129. Though the envelope says Printed in the U.S.A. and is priced at $1.00, there's no mention of who the pattern company is.

The pattern had been cut by the previous owner, but I noticed there were no pin holes. I am not about to ruin a vintage pattern, so I spent the evening retracing the pattern on terrific paper I ordered from Blick Art Supply.

Next step.. cut out the pattern pieces, pin them to fabric, and then cut out the fabric pieces. I use a rotary cutter for this.

No comments:

Post a Comment