Sunday, May 8, 2011

Pieces cut and that's the collar?

Tonight I ironed and folded the white cotton-poly blend fabric I've bought for this project and cut out my pattern pieces. I decided to try a method for making collars that I just learned. Threads Magazine has a DVD series called "Industry Insider Techniques" in which "Louise" demonstrated how to make a point collar without producing the usual balls of fabric at the tips.

One cuts the paper pattern at the center line, flips the pieces, overlaps the stitch line, adds seam allowance at one end and places the other end on the fold. I know it looks crazy, but I'm blindly following instructions and hoping for the best. After cutting the collar, I opened it and ironed fusible interfacing to the piece. Done for the evening.

No comments:

Post a Comment