Sunday, April 3, 2011

I'm up late sewing a turtle


Recently, I joined the American Sewing Guild.  This year's community service project is to make a toy turtle that will be stuffed and given to chronically ill children attending the Hole in the Wall Gang Camp. My wife finished her two earlier today.  No puckers, no pressure for me... NOT!  Since half the camp's children are boys aged 7 to 17, I decided to make a turtle that an older fellow might like to have.  Yes, those are skulls on his shell.


There was a sale on patterns at JoAnn's Fabrics this weekend.  I've been giving some thought to trying to make a ladies blouse.  I did find a few patterns that would work for me.  I also found a pattern for a kimono wrap.  These are all projects for the coming year.  More immediately, I've got to make some Hawaiian shirts for my son in the Navy and myself.


Once the turtle is finished, I'll turn my attention back to a vest I've been working on.  Every time I start a new pattern, I make the garment in muslin first.  Did I ever have trouble with the little double welt pockets!  But that's for another entry.  G'night world!

No comments:

Post a Comment