Friday, March 23, 2012

My Singer 20U33 is calling me..

At this time last week, I had bought a Bernina 850 from a lovely lady in Bayonne. Lou Bratkowski, sewing machine craftsman, was pulling together a table, engine, knee lift, lamp for a final fitting over the weekend. As I've already told the story, I ended up with a Singer 20U.



The machine came off a factory floor and into Lou's inventory of old soldiers. This one still has the pin wrap on the arm; pins still resting tightly in its grip. My first thought was to take the wrap off to make a better picture. I had a second thought about that wrap. Someone, however long ago, worked at this machine every day. It was their friend and their demon. That wrap is the only connection I have to that someone. It stays.

No comments:

Post a Comment